News

Tamil Nadu Woman Falls Asleep With Earphones, Electrocuted To Death

Falling asleep to music has been common throughout the ages. In fact, there are a lot of people who go to sleep with earphones plugged into their ear. Fathima, a resident of Chennai was also one of them. However, this practice proved dangerous for the 46-year-old.

Falling asleep to music has been common throughout the ages. In fact, there are a lot of people who go to sleep with earphones plugged into their ear.

Fathima, a resident of Chennai was also one of them. However, this practice proved dangerous for the 46-year-old. TOI reports that the woman was electrocuted in Kanathur on Sunday after she fell asleep with the earphones in her ear. The doctors have confirmed that electrocution was the cause of death.

“Fathima’s husband Abdul Kalam saw her in bed and tried to wake her up but in vain,” a police officer told the paper. “He was alarmed when she showed no sign of life and rushed her to a nearby hospital, where doctors pronounced her dead-on-arrival.”

A case has been registered under CrPC Section 174 (unnatural death) by the Kanathur police. “The woman had gone to sleep while wearing the headphones on Saturday night,” the officer added. He also opined that a short-circuit could be the cause of the electrocution.

On May 2nd, six people sitting on a top of a bus were electrocuted in Chennari area of Rohtas district, reports PTI. The bus was carrying several passengers to a wedding. On the way there, the unfortunate six came in contact with a live electricity wire, according to reports. The victims had been admitted to a hospital and an investigation was launched. (Mirror Now)

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top